Custom Search

The Frog in the Well - Hard Cover. Traditional and Simplified Chinese and English

The Frog in the Well  by Irene Y. Tsai

  • The Frog in the Well is a Chinese idiom or chengyu, meaning "know-it-all".  This old Chinese fable is about a frog content in a deep well, until it meets a sea turtle from a vast Eastern ocean.
  • Irene Y. Tsai (author), Pattie Caprio (illustrator) and Joyce Lin (translator) combine their talents to retell a story based on a Chinese idiom.

In English, Traditional Chinese (with Zhu Yin Fu Hao) and Simplified Chinese (with Pinyin).


What a Customer thinks about Frog in the Well:
"The quality of this book makes it a lovely read! It is a lovely book, and the illustrations have captured my children. I sometimes read the book in English and replace just a few nouns in Chinese, and read the simple sentences I know my children understand in Chinese. I plan to increase the vocab as they understand more. But sometimes I just sit and read it aloud in Chinese while my children are busy around me playing. I think that is what is good about this book, is that it can cater for younger readers in this respect. But they can also hear more complex sentences too.
"

-  Donna Royle, Australia


Watch  a video about Frog in the Well

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop AbeBooks.com (French)